Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why Bother To Do This

As I see what is happening and the irrationality and malice, I am concerned.  It is true that few will read this, but I'm doing it to record what I am thinking, as an outlet and a way of "completing."

We've fallen to a lower level, I believe, of values and rational problem solving, at a great cost for all involved - which is the opposite of what we want.  We want to create the greatest good for everyone involved without doing real harm to any one person.  Yes, sometimes and perhaps fairly frequently, we must compromise, as we find we cannot just get our own way.  And I am concerned with out and out destruction, where value is destroyed forever, hurting the base off which we make progress. 

I am concerned when I see our leaders and representatives not operate with ethics and/or good reasoning based on facts and logic.  We need to agree to the basic principles and priorities and then operate toward that as best we can in a cooperative manner with respect and dignity.

I hope that we can come agreement on our priorities and our mission as a country - so that we are clear and don't spend time being ideologues losing sight of the purpose.

I may just be talking with myself, but so be it.  (At least, I know I have one listener.)

The Rational Problem Solver

I do hope that any commentors will engage in useful dialogue, although I suspect that some of the opinions I express could cause some people to create anger and then fiery dialogue - I hope that people choose to use emotional intelligence (Wikipedia - Emotional Intelligence ) and workable communication strategies (Good communication.)

No comments:

Post a Comment