Thursday, November 3, 2011

Conduct a campaign consistent with American greatness

“My campaign will be a campaign of American greatness.” 

[I recognize that we can campaign on division and attack, but, the speaker of the above continues, saying what follows.]

“I believe instead we need to draw together, that we need campaigns and leaders who will draw on the greatness of the American spirit, as opposed to people who will divide us, and look for scapegoats, and demonize fellow Americans, or find a street that’s responsible for our problems.”

Now, that's what I call an adult message.  I believe Romney when he said it, as I saw him immediately pull a negative ad re: Perry that his campaign people put out.

So, Mr. Obama, are you willing to make a pledge to do the same and to pull all lies and false negatives immediately and to discourage them?  Or will you do what is politically expedient?

The Rational NonPolitician

P. S.  Mr. Obama, I think you would be reelected for sure if you stepped up to acting as an adult, letting go of the divisive speech and half truths (where the essential other side is omitted).  And then you could be a President that I could have some rational confidence in...

No comments:

Post a Comment